My Long Way to the Top
Hello, everybody! It has been a month since my first post, I know. Many things have happened after the launch of my website and time went by so quickly I just could not gather my thoughts and write something. In the meantime, in case you missed them, I was interviewed by Lingo.io on my experience as a freelance translator (you can read it here), and Caroline of Alberoni Translations kindly asked me to write a guest post for her blog and I decided to talk about Audiovisual Translation (it is available here).
I have jotted down a list of topics I would like to deal with in this blog, but a little voice in my head is getting louder and louder, and I think I am going to listen to it. This voice is telling me to write a short post in order to thank all the people who helped me get where I am now. A bit of a cliché, I know, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I want to say thank you to:
– My family – especially my mom, my dad and my brother – for always being there for me, in good and bad times, holding my hand and never leaving me alone. Grazie.
– Alessandro, my irreplaceable other half, who fights against his pessimistic nature and always finds the right words to cheer me up even if it means saying a simple ‘I know you have it in you, you can do this.’ I know I am impossible and very weird sometimes. You are my rock.
– Federica, my soul mate and sister, THE best friend. No need to say more. You just know.
– Lauren, my sweet English friend who helped me without any hesitation and never asked anything in return. I really hope we can meet in real life one day.
– Meg of Websites for Translators. You are a real professional who understood what I wanted for my website and did a great job not only in creating it, but also in making it even better than I envisioned it.
– Some of my fellow translators and interpreters who might not be aware of this, but they have helped me a lot directly and indirectly with their words, their posts and their unbiased advice: Chiara (One Sec Translations), Emeline (InTouch Translations), Sofia (Earthlang), Karina, Caroline (Alberoni Translations), and many more. Fantastic professionals, but first of all great people. What a wonderful community!
AC/DC sang: “It’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock ‘n’ roll.” So true… There will be many bumps in the road, but if you are not alone, everything is possible. Again, THANK YOU!