Professional Background & CPD
- Freelance Translator and Proofreader since 2010 for direct clients and agencies.
- Freelance Audiovisual Translator and Localiser since 2011.
- In-house Translator and Proofreader from 2011 to 2015.
- BA in Translation and Interpreting Studies, University of Messina, Italy
- MA in Audiovisual Translation for Subtitling and Dubbing, LUSPIO University of Rome
- Certificate in Translation Technology: Software and Video Game Localisation, School of Professional Development, Imperial College London
- Certificate in Subtitling for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, University College London
- “Timecoding with Aegisub: Boosting Productivity” – Online course
- “Media Accessibility” – Online course
- “Introduction to Video Game Localisation” – Online course
- “Introduction to Game Localisation” – Webinar
- “Writing for the Video Game Industry” – Online course
- “Video Games & Learning” – Online course by University of Wisconsin-Madison
- “Crash Course to App Localisation” – Online course
Technical Skills & CAT tools
- “MemoQ Level 1 Certificate” – Training course by Kilgray
- “Creating andoptimizing a Website” – Webinar
Conferences and Events
- International conference, “Linguistic and Cultural Representation in Audiovisual Conference”, February 11th-13th – Rome
Valentina is hard-working, meticulous in her research, knowledgeable and talented
– Emmanuele Bernardini – Co-Director of Langwich Translations
Valentina is accurate, timely and organized - a real professional. It’s always a pleasure working with her!
– Alexandra Pepe, Assistant Manager of Beep Studios
Valentina is a highly qualified, timely and reliable translator. As a part of a team, she has always proved to be versatile and willing to cooperate.
– Manuela Gallo, Co-Director of Langwich Translations
I had known Valentina from Rockstar Translations for a while from social media before we had the chance to work together on several EN>IT technical projects. She has proven to be very prompt, reliable and skilled. Her suggestions have always been helpful. I'd definitely recommend Valentina as an EN>IT translator. She rocks!
Alina Cincan, MD at Inbox Translation (UK)
Great job! A pleasure to work with! She went above and beyond!
Direct client, (USA), Subtitling project
Valentina has worked with us on Eng > Italian subtitles and also translation of dialogue for dubbing purposes. I'd happily recommend her cool, creative and efficient style of working and hope to work with her again soon.
Thea Hutchings, Director of Production at WordWorks Media Ltd